Customer-specific Center drills
Your needs and requirements
Mikron Tool produces tungsten carbide center drills according to your needs and requirements.
- You determines the operating conditions and the designated result and we define you a tool for you that matches them.
- You already know the tool you want? We will gladly accept this input as well and will grind the tool using your drawing.
- You've seen one of our center tools from the CrazyDrill family and you need it in a special length, in a special diameter or for the use of a special material? We will make you a tool with the geometry that suits you.
- You have a new project and you need tools for optimal machining of a part? We will support you in the design, definition of geometries and determining the best parameters.
Contact us here for more information.
Mikron Tool offers its customer-specific center tools within this range:
- Diameter max: 32.0 mm (1.260”), larger as per specific request
- Maximum tool length: 330 mm (12.992“)
- Number of cutting edges: 1, 2 or 3
- Chamfer and point angle as per customer need
- Direction of rotation: right hand cutting or drill left hand cutting
- Material for the drill: tungsten carbide, grade selection depending on application.
- Material to be machined: drills for steel, corrosion resistant steels, i.e. stainless steels, titanium / titanium alloys, super alloys i.e. heat resistant alloys such as Inconel or Hastelloy, Cr-Co alloys, centering drills for hardened steel up to 55HRC, aluminum / aluminum alloys, brass, copper, cast materials, etc.
- Drill with internal coolant helix shape holes to the tip of the drill
- Drill with internal coolant straight holes through the shank.
- Drill for external coolant supply
- Type of shaft:
- Cylindrical as per DIN 6535 HA
- Cylindrical as per DIN 6535 HE (Whistle Notch)
- Cylindrical as per DIN 6535 HB (Weldon)
- Others on demand
- Coatings: Various choice according to application
- Finishing: Cutting edge preparation, polishing of flutes
High degree of precision / quality
The tools are fabricated with the highest degree of precision and repeat accuracy. This allows users to produce their end products reliably and with the desired precision.
Short machining time
High feed rates are possible because of the use of high-grade carbide blanks, innovative cutting geometries and cooling systems as well as high-performance coatings always adapted to the specific application (for example, the material to be machined). The machining time is therefore extremely short.
Long tool life
The ideal combination of carbide, coating method, quantity and geometry of cutting edges combined with the machining parameters we recommend guarantees optimal tool life.
High degree of reliability
This is guaranteed at Mikron Tool especially by stable and manufacturing processes with a very high degree of repeat accuracy. A unique identification code on each tool shaft is used for tracking and quality Assurance.
Low machining costs
The use of Mikron Tool solid carbide drill bits translates to stable and smooth machining. Machining costs are kept low due to short machining times, long tool life and the highest degree of precision.
Reduce tool costs in an
Find out about tool recycling options when purchasing new tools. Regrinding tools is not only good for the environment but can reduce tool costs further. All parameters are taken from the manufacturing process for new tools: the same grinding machine, the same grinding wheels, the same grinding programs and a new original coating, new surface treatment and final quality control after the sharpening. This gives users the assurance that the quality of the re-ground tools is identical and they can continue machining with the same cutting values.
Interested? Contact us!
Tools from Mikron Tool (whether standard or customized) are fabricated with the highest quality and repeat accuracy. Based on our many years of experience and expertise in the machining of "difficult materials" (for example, stainless steels), we can offer you profitable solutions. The result for you is a perfectly functioning tool during the entire production lifecycle of your tool.
Click here and send us your inquiry