Customized Chamfer and Deburring Tools
Your needs and requirements
Mikron Tool produces tungsten carbide chamfer and deburring tools according to your needs and requirements.
- You determines the operating conditions and the designated result and we define you a tool for you that matches them.
- You already know the tool you want? We will gladly accept this input as well and will grind the tool using your drawing.
- You've seen one of our chamfer and deburring tools from the CrazyMill Chamfer family and you need it in a special length, in a special diameter or for the use of a special material? We will make you a tool with the geometry that suits you.
- You have a new project and you need tools for optimal machining of a part? We will support you in the design, definition of geometries and determining the best parameters.
Click here and send us your inquiry
Mikron Tool offers its “customer-specific chamfer and deburring tools” within the following range:
- Milling tools for deburring front and backside as well as multi chamfer milling,
- Diameter standard milling sizes min: 0.36 mm (.0142”)
- Number of cutting edges: 1 up to 16
- Drills for deburring:
- Diameter min: 0.1 mm (.0039”)
- Number of cutting edges 1 up to 4
- Reamers for deburring:
- Diameter min: 0.4 mm (.0157”)
- Number of cutting edges 2 up to 8
- Deburring tools
- Maximum tool diameter: 32.0 mm (1.260”), bigger as per specific request
- Maximum tool length: 330 mm (12.992”)
- Tolerance of tool diameters max.: ± 0.5 µm (.00002”)
- Concentricity between shaft and tool diameters max.: 2 µm (.00008”)
- Direction of cut: right hand cutting or left hand cutting
- Material for deburring and chamfering tools: Tungsten carbide, grade selection depending on application
- Material to be machined: For steel, corrosion resistant steels, i.e. stainless steels, titanium / titanium alloys, super alloys i.e. heat resistant alloys such as Inconel or Hastelloy, Cr-Co alloys, hardened steel up to 55HRC, aluminum / aluminum alloys, brass, copper, cast materials, etc.
- Cooling via straight internal coolant channels in the shaft
- Cooling via cooling channels in the shaft, but with special exits, (for ex. in the flutes)
- Deburring tools to be used with external coolant supply
- Types of shaft :
- Cylindrical as per DIN 6535 HA
- Cylindrical as per DIN 6535 HB (Weldon)
- Clamping face for turning tools
- Others upon request
- Coatings: Various, choice according to application
- Treatment: Cutting edge preparation, polishing of flutes
High degree of precision / quality
The tools are fabricated with the highest degree of precision and repeat accuracy. This allows users to produce their end products reliably and with the desired precision.
Short machining time
High feed rates are possible because of the use of high-grade carbide blanks, innovative cutting geometries and cooling systems as well as high-performance coatings always adapted to the specific application (for example, the material to be machined). The machining time is therefore extremely short.
Long tool life
The ideal combination of carbide, coating method, quantity and geometry of cutting edges combined with the machining parameters we recommend guarantees optimal tool life.
High degree of reliability
This is guaranteed at Mikron Tool especially by stable and manufacturing processes with a very high degree of repeat accuracy. A unique identification code on each tool shaft is used for tracking and quality Assurance.
Low machining costs
The use of Mikron Tool solid carbide drill bits translates to stable and smooth machining. Machining costs are kept low due to short machining times, long tool life and the highest degree of precision.
Reduce tool costs in an
Find out about tool recycling options when purchasing new tools. Regrinding tools is not only good for the environment but can reduce tool costs further. All parameters are taken from the manufacturing process for new tools: the same grinding machine, the same grinding wheels, the same grinding programs and a new original coating, new surface treatment and final quality control after the sharpening. This gives users the assurance that the quality of the re-ground tools is identical and they can continue machining with the same cutting values.
Interested? Contact us!
Tools from Mikron Tool (whether standard or customized) are fabricated with the highest quality and repeat accuracy. Based on our many years of experience and expertise in the machining of "difficult materials" (for example, stainless steels), we can offer you profitable solutions. The result for you is a perfectly functioning tool during the entire production lifecycle of your tool.
Click here and send us your inquiry