Customer-specific Profile Milling Cutters
Your needs and requirements
Mikron Tool produces tungsten carbide profile milling cutters according to your needs and requirements.
- You determines the operating conditions and the designated result and we define you a tool for you that matches them.
- You already know the tool you want? We will gladly accept this input as well and will grind the tool using your drawing.
- You have a new project and you need tools for optimal machining of a part? We will support you in the design, definition of geometries and determining the best parameters.
Click here and send us your inquiry
Mikron Tool offers its "customer-specific profile milling cutters" in the following range:
- External diameter min: 5 mm – 200 mm (.197“ – 7.874“)
- Thickness: 1.0 mm – 30.0 mm (.039“ – 1.181“)
- Bore diameter (diameter of profile milling cutter holder): 2.0 mm – 40.0 mm (.079” – 1.575”)
- Tolerance tool diameter max.: ± 0.01 mm (.0004”)
- Concentricity internal to external diameter: 0.01 mm (.0004”)
- Number of teeth: 10 up to 160
- Cutting edge geometry: with or without logarithmic relief
- Direction of cut: right or left hand cutting
- Material of profile milling cutter: Tungsten carbide, grade selection according to application
- Material to be machined: for steel, corrosion resistant steel i.e. stainless steel, titanium / titanium alloys, super alloys i.e. heat resistant steel such as Inconel or Hastelloy, Cr-Co alloys, hardened steel up to 55 HRC, aluminum / aluminum alloys, brass, copper, cast metals etc.
- Tools to be used with external coolant supply
- Coatings: Various possibilities, selection according to application
- Treatment: Edge preparation
High degree of precision / quality
The tools are made with the highest degree of precision and repeat accuracy. This allows users to produce their end products reliably and with the desired precision.
Short machining time
High feed rates are possible because of the use of high-grade carbide blanks, innovative cutting geometries and cooling systems as well as high-performance coatings always adapted to the specific application (for example, the material to be machined). The machining time is therefore extremely brief.
Long tool life
The ideal combination of carbide, coating method, quantity and geometry of cutting edges combined with the machining parameters we recommend guarantees optimal tool life.
High degree of reliability
This is guaranteed at Mikron Tool especially by stable and manufacturing processes with a very high degree of repeat accuracy. A unique identification code on each tool shaft is used for tracking and quality Assurance.
Low machining costs
The use of Mikron Tool solid tungsten carbide tools translates to stable and smooth production. Machining costs are kept low due to short machining times, long tool life and the highest degree of precision.
Reduce tool costs in an
Find out about tool recycling options when purchasing new tools. Regrinding tools is not only good for the environment but can reduce tool costs further. All parameters are taken from the manufacturing process for new tools: the same grinding machine, the same grinding wheels, the same grinding programs and a new original coating, new surface treatment and final quality control after the sharpening. This gives users the assurance that the quality of the re-ground tools is identical and they can continue machining with the same cutting values.
Interested? Contact us!
Tools from Mikron Tool (whether standard or customized) are fabricated with the highest quality and repeat accuracy. Based on our many years of experience and expertise in the machining of "difficult materials" (for example, stainless steels), we can offer you profitable solutions. The result for you is a perfectly functioning tool during the entire production lifecycle of your tool.
Click here and send us your inquiry